In 2016, we won’t just choose our next president. America will choose a direction for our country on issues from gun violence prevention to women’s rights to building an economy that helps the middle class get ahead—and stay ahead.
Hillary Clinton has proved she’s the candidate who can take on tough fights and get things done. But that’s not the only reason she should be our next president. NWPC gave our early endorsement of Hillary Clinton and we proudly stand with her as she campaigns tirelessly, connecting with voters across the country to promote a progressive agenda we can all be proud of!
Hillary is a long-time advocate of rights for women and girls, equal pay legislation and economic opportunities, protecting reproductive rights and access to health services for women regardless of income-level — and so much more! With so many reasons to support Hillary, here’s a list of 21 Reasons to share with your friends and family (excerpted from Hillary Clinton’s official campaign blog: 112 reasons (and counting) that Hillary should be president. )
TOP REASONS TO SUPPORT HILLARY CLINTON FOR PRESIDENT!
- As a former secretary of state, U.S. senator, first lady, and a lifelong advocate for women and families, no one is more qualified to be president than Hillary.
- Hillary knows child care, equal pay, and paid leave are fundamental economic issues—not just “women’s issues.”
- Our democracy should work for everyone—not just the wealthy and well-connected.
- Our next president could make multiple appointments to the Supreme Court.
- We need comprehensive background checks on gun purchases.
- She’ll fight to overturn Citizens United to curb the outsized influence of big money in politics.
- Because the wealthiest should pay their fair share in taxes.
- We need comprehensive immigration reform that includes a path to full and equal citizenship.
- She’s set a big goal: More than half a billion solar panels installed across the country by the end of
her first term.
- She’s set another big goal: To generate enough renewable energy to power every home in America within 10 years of her taking office.
- The economy is stronger when a Democrat is in the White House.
- Hillary will defend Planned Parenthood and women’s health care from Republican attacks.
- Hillary’s New College Compact would mean students would never have to borrow to pay for tuition to attend a four-year public college in their state—and the millions of Americans who have student debt can refinance.
- Because taxpayers shouldn’t pay for millionaires’ and billionaires’ kids to go to college.
Guaranteed paid family leave.
- She declared on the world stage that “gay rights are human rights.”
- Experts say Hillary’s plan to keep Wall Street accountable is the toughest of all Democratic candidates.
- As first lady, she helped get health care coverage for 8 million American children.
- Our veterans should have access to timely and high quality health care.
- She’s the only Democrat with hedge-fund billionaires running ads against her—because they know her agenda is to stop their agenda.
- After decades of fighting for progressive issues (and 11 straight hours of testimony in front of a Republican-led congressional committee), she’s proved nobody can stand up to Republicans better than she can.
- She’s been fighting for women and children her entire career—ever since she started working at the Children’s Defense Fund after law school.
- Add your reason here! Share with the Hillary campaign by texting #IMWITHHER to 47246.